I am thanking another blogger who took the time to share this Doctors article on how to die with dignity. More to the point, what Not to have done in the event that you get diagnosed with a terminal illness, or have a horrifying accident that does major damage. It’s refreshing to hear that not all medical professionals would encourage radical treatment for something, just because it is doable. Doctors don’t ask to have all those treatments done on them. They just go home and die peacefully in the loving arms of their family members, some times, months, or years later than their diagnoses had suggested.
It saddens me though, to realize that the social services and courts don’t have this mindset. If they did, then that little boy with the cancer that he didn’t want treated with chemotherapy and radiation would have gotten his wish. Instead, his parents got dragged into court, treated like criminals, and in the end, were forced to watch as their son underwent the full assault of possible treatments available in the U.S. for Cancer, though that was Not what He wanted.
Did we ever hear about how his “treatments” went? Did we hear anything about his survival? I’ve been watching, but I haven’t seen anything. Have you?
© Ellen M Story and emariaenterprises, 2011. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Ellen M Story and emariaenterprises with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
- Radiation therapy also potentially behind ‘chemo brain’: study (canada.com)
- Breast cancer survivors struggle with cognitive problems several years after treatment (medicalxpress.com)
- Breast cancer treatment may impair survivors’ mental abilities (news.bioscholar.com)
- Stomach / Gastric Cancer Integrative Treatment Program (cancercenter.com)
- 50/50, a Movie About Terminal Illness, Sidesteps a Big Question (patheos.com)
- Colorectal Cancer Integrative Treatment Program (cancercenter.com)
- Intestinal Cancer Treatments (cancercenter.com)